- Library Overview
- Library User Information
- Collections Overview
- Library Catalog
- Programs & Services
- Research Resources
- Collections Online
- Rights & Reproductions
- Donations and Support
- Featured Collections
- Library News & Updates
- School Programs
- Teacher Resources
- Adult Education
- Family & Youth Programs
- Plan a Visit
- Support MdHS
All digital files, images, and data on the Maryland Historical Society (MdHS) web site are the property of the Maryland Historical Society. Copying or redistribution in any manner for personal or corporate gain is strictly prohibited. Any public or commercial use of these materials without prior written permission is also prohibited.
For more information about obtaining a digital reproduction and/or permission to use a digital image from the MdHS collection, please visit the Rights and Reproductions page.
Terms and Conditions
- All rights granted are non-exclusive.
- Permission for publication is for one time, one edition, one-publication use only. Additional uses or future reuse require additional fees and contracts.
- The images supplied are not to be cropped or altered in anyway without prior approval. If a cropped detail of an image is approved, the word “Detail” must appear in the caption.
- Only original photographic/digital materials supplied by the Department of Imaging Services of the Maryland Historical Society may be used for reproduction. Use of copied materials is prohibited.
- Possession of a Maryland Historical Society image does not constitute permission to use or publish the image.
- Required credit line: “[Image ID, provided by MdHS] Courtesy of the Maryland Historical Society”. The credit line shall be used either adjacent to the image or in a place devoted to credits.
- The license to reproduce may not be transferred to a third party nor may any photographic materials, its derivatives or digital files be transferred to any other user.
- Upon publication or project completion, two copies of the publication or one copy of film/TV production must be sent to: Department of Imaging Services, 201 West Monument Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21201
- The Maryland Historical Society reserves the right, at its sole discretion to deny license to reproduce to any applicant without explanation.