Photographic Prints, 20 x 24, Box 1-12 - Peale/BCLM Photographs Collection

Maryland Historical Society
Photograph Collection Inventory List
Special Collections Department
201 West Monument Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21201
410-685-3750 x359; special_collections@mdhs.org 

PEALE/BALTIMORE CITY LIFE MUSEUM PHOTOGRAPH COLLECTION

PHOTOGRAPHIC PRINTS, 20 x 24 INCH, Boxes 1-12

Inventory Lists

 

Go back to the Peale/BCLM Photographs Collections main page 

Note: Prints may be copy prints of original glass negatives, film negatives, daguerreotypes, etc. in the collection.

Photo Prints, 20 x 24, Box 1

Item ID

Description

Collection Info.

Notes

CC1

Photograph on board; National Farmers and Planters Bank Building. Northwest corner of South Street and German Street.

 

Back of photo: CC1 ACC 31.1

1985.47.1

Photograph; View of Fallsway Looking North Across Fayette Street, ca. 1950.

 

 

1975.23

Photograph (mounted); Northern Central Railway Elevator.

 

Transmittal memo paperclipped to photo

75.23

Photograph (mounted); Canton Grain elevator, ca. 1920s. The present Canton Grain elevator replaced the one destroyed by fire in 1916. Operated by Central Soya Corporation. Grain Storage capacity: 4,250,000 bu. Rated as the fastest operation on the Atlantic Coast. Fourth grain elevator that was erected at this location.

 

 

None

Photograph; "Group of men, seated ca. 1890 (?)"

 

 

None

Photograph (mounted); "Waterfront Warehouse, Hughes Company photo"

 

 

CC34

Photograph (mounted); street view of the old Maryland Institute.

 

Printed on the board: "The Old Maryland Institute, located at Marsh Market Space and Baltimore Street, about 1880. The cornerstone of the building was laid on March 13, 1851.  It was destroyed in the fire of 1904."

CC7 (2)

Photograph; long bridge over a river.

 

Small part of lower right-hand corner is missing; Back of photo: "The Belvedere Bridge, which spanned what is now Jones Falls, about 1880.  Built in 1819, it is shown here as it appeared shortly before it was torn down in 1880."

CC9

Photograph on board; group of men standing under an arch. Scene at the corner of Druid Hill Avenue and Eutaw Street during the Sesquicentennial in 1880.

 

Small bits of corners are missing; Back of photo: "Scene at the corner of Druid Hill Avenue and Eutaw Street during the Sesquicentennial in 1880.  The arch at this point is shown, likewise old no. 7 (?) engine house which has since been reged (?)."

CC18

Photograph (mounted); street view of a school. Light Street Methodist Church School on German St, demolished 1869.  Built 1796

 

 

CC41

Photograph (mounted); five men standing next to a suction engine.

 

 

CC56

Photograph (mounted); "The Veteran Volunteer Firemen's Association in Union Depot Plaza, off the 1400 Block North Charles Street, looking north, ca 1900."

 

Back of photo: "Veteran Volunteer Fireman's Association in Union Depot Plaza, looking north c. 1900 shows N (?) Charles Hotel."

CC58

Photograph (mounted); "Sons of the Veteran Volunteer Firemen's Association with the Patapsco Engine, on Harrison Street, ca. 1900."

 

Back of photo: same as caption printed on front

 

Photo Prints, 20 x 24, Box 2

Item ID

Description

Collection Info.

Notes

CC69

Photograph (mounted); "The New Market Engine House, situated on the West side of Eutaw Street near Lexington Street, ca. 1860."

 

Verso: "1856-59"

CC117

Photograph (mounted); "Mayor Howard W. Jackson greets the National Polish Orchestra in the Reception Room of the City Hall on March 3, 1925.  The Reception Committee is as follows: Frank Markiewicz, Polish Editor; John A. Slowik, City Librarian; Edward I. Novak, City Councilman, Adam Gregorius; and Frank Fondo."

 

 

CC114

Photograph (mounted); Mayor Ferdinand Claiborne Latrobe.

 

Verso: "Mayor Ferdinand Claiborne Latrobe First elected in 1875, he was re-elected three times.  At that time, the term was only two years.  From other pictures we think this photograph was made during his first term."

CC115

Photograph (mounted); "President Harding, Mrs. Harding, Mayor Broening, and Mrs. Broening at the unveiling of the Francis Scott Key Memorial at Fort McHenry, June 14, 1922."

 

 

CC81

Photograph on board; Carrollton Hotel. Light Street and German Street, Baltimore, 1895. Destroyed in Great Fire of 1904.

 

Back of photo: "Carrollton Hotel Baltimore, Light & German Sts., 1895.  Destroyed in Fire of 1904."

CC106

Photograph on board; "U.S.S. Maryland donated by Lieut. B.A. Hartt Navy Department Washington, D.C. April 16, 1927" USS Maryland CR 10328

 

 

CC78

Photograph (mounted); "Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Scenery, Company's Hotel, Deer Park, Maryland." Bendann Photograph, Baltimore, ca. 1880.

 

 

CC108

Photograph on board; "U.S.S. Baltimore Donated by Lieut. B.A. Hartt Navy Dept., Washington, D.C. March 28, 1927"

 

 

CC109

Photograph on board; "C.S.S. Alabama, or 290, and Officers"

 

This photograph is a reproduction of a board that had 23 photos on it.  The photos are numbered and have captions.

CC142

Photograph on board; Aerial view of spire. 1st German Reformed Church.

 

Back of photo: "1st German Reformed Church Built 1797-1805 Ludwig Herrring, archt. Demolished 1866"

CC143

Photograph on board; street view of a building. Eastern Female High School. Aisquith Street and Orleans Street, Baltimore. Photograph by John J. Kirkness, Jr., Broadway and Bank Street ca. 1910.

 

 

CC188

Photograph; Marechal Foche 1919 A la ville de Baltimore. eu souvenir de ma visite. 22 Nov. 21 T. Foch (?)"

 

 

CC197

Photograph on board; "Officers of the Fifth Regiment. I. M.N.G. Loreley City, Maryland,1891. Presented by Armstead M Webb, 1917."

 

There are numbers written on the photo that identify each soldier.  On the back is a list of the numbers and the solidiers to which they correspond.

 

Photo Prints, 20 x 24, Box 3

Item ID

Description

Collection Info.

Notes

CC257

Photograph on board; large stone building

 

Back of photo: 72

CC200

Photograph on board; Surviving Defenders of Baltimore, War of 1812, ca. 1860-1880.

 

 

CC243

Photograph (mounted); "Air view of Baltimore Harbor, second largest in U.S. showing coal and commercial piers, June 1927."

 

 

CC255

Photograph on board; Old U.S. Customs House. Gay Street and Lombard Street, Baltimore, ca. 1895.

 

 

CC244

Photograph on board; aerial view of a city

 

 

CC256

Photograph on board; City Hall, Baltimore, ca. 1880. Aerial view.

 

Back of photo: City Hall, c. 1880 Before 1881 Rennert (?) House Demolished 1881

CC202

Four photographs mounted on one board; "Baltimoreans view the total eclipse of the sun, January 24, 1925"

 

Eclipse January 24, 1925

CC223

Photograph on board; Telephone Exchange Building. Northeast corner of St. Paul Street and Bank Lane, 1895. Aerial view. Destroyed in Great Fire of 1904.

 

 

CC222

Photograph on board; Old Carroll Hall, the Baltimore News Building. Southeast corner of Baltimore Street and Calvert Street. Site of Continental Trust Building, 1895.

 

 

CC203

Photograph (mounted); The Baltimore and Ohio Glee Club, organized in 1913. Hobart Smock, Director.” Organized in 1913, now in its twelfth season. During its entire history the club has been under the musical direction of Mr. Hobart Smock. The Club will appear for its Annual Concert at the Maryland Casualty Club House on May 1st.  It will broadcast from Philadelphia Sta. WOO Wannamaker Store on March 13th and from Sta WJW, New York City, Radio Corporation of America on April 17th.  The Club has appeared in concert in most of the large cities of the East. Photo by Guilford Studio."

 

 

CC259

Photograph (mounted); "Scene just prior to laying the corner stone of the Post Office, with Masonic Ceremony, 1882"

 

 

 

Photo Prints, 20 x 24, Box 4

Item ID

Description

Collection Info.

Notes

CC302

Photograph (mounted); unidentified building on unidentified road.

 

 

CC260

Photograph on board; Maryland Academy of Science Building. Northeast corner of Franklin Street and Cathedral Street, 1895. Present site of YMCA Building.

 

 

CC269

Photograph on board; exterior of unidentified building. Northeast corner of Cathedral Street and Center Street.

 

 

CC303

Photograph (mounted); "Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Scenery Channel Span, Ohio River Bridge"

 

 

CC319

Photograph (mounted); "Front Street Theatre.  This famous playhouse, demolished October-1905, was one of the most noted in the United States. It stood on Front Street near Low.  In this theatre: William Macready made his first appearance in Baltimore, December 11, 1848. Jenny Lind made her first appearance in Baltimore, December 8, 1850."

 

 

CC320

Photograph (mounted); "Gunpowder Temporary Supply, Baltimore City Water Works"

 

 

MC412

Photograph; buildings along the water. Linthicum Heights.

 

 

CC342

Photograph on board; Frances, Brazil Line. Unloading coffee, ca. 1895.

 

 

CC304

Photograph (mounted); "Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Scenery, Viaduct Hotel, Relay Station Maryland. "

 

 

CC324

Photograph (mounted); "Wct (?) Royal Reservoir Baltimore City Water Works"

 

 

 

Photo Prints, 20 x 24, Box 5

Item ID

Description

Collection Info.

Notes

CC954

Photograph on board; aerial view of a building

 

Back of photo: # 172

MC898

Photograph on board; exterior of a stone building. Crimea, home of Reginald Hutton.

 

 

CC950

Photograph on board; aerial view of a fire engine in the street. The first steam fire engine in Baltimore, the Miles Greenwood, built for the corporation of Boston. Given trial in Baltimore on February 2, 1855. 136 Baltimore Street, Baltimore.

 

 

CC945

Photograph on board; Merchant’s National Bank Building. Southeast corner of South Street and Water Street, ca. 1895. Shows third National Bank.  

 

 

CC947

Photograph on board; Masonic Temple, ca. 1895. Before fire and subsequent remodeling.

 

 

CC946

Photograph on board; Graveyard. Quaker burial ground.

 

 

CC953

Photograph on board; Unidentified abandoned skyscraper.

 

Back of photo: 549 City Hall

CC944

Photograph on board; Exterior, Farmers and Merchants National Bank Building, 1895. Northeast corner of South Street and Lombard Street. Destroyed in Great Fire of 1904.

 

 

CC941

Photograph on board; Ships at a lumber yard. The N.W. James Lumber Yard at Canton with schooners unloading, ca. 1890.

 

 

CC895

Photograph on board; Aerial view of Baltimore. Looking southeast from B&O Building, 1895.

 

 

CC951

Photograph on board; Exterior view of Fireman’s Insurance Company of Baltimore building, ca. 1895. Northeast corner of South Street and Second Street.

 

 

CC958 copy

Photograph; Calverton Mill in Gwyn Falls, Baltimore.

 

 

CC964

Photograph on board; Light Street Docks, ca. 1900. Piedmont Air Line (railroad) docks at Light Street. Steamers from here connected with railroads in Virginia, ca. 1885.

 

 

 

Photo Prints, 20 x 24, Box 6 

Item ID

Description

Collection Info.

Notes

CC963

Photograph; B&O Pier, Locust Point, 1875.

 

Verso: The B&O Railroad developed piers at Locust Point after the Civil War.  In 1868 the Baltimore - Bremen Steamship Line was inaugurated.

CC969

Photograph; Federal Hill Artillery Emplacement, Butler Battery. View looking northwest, ca.  1862. Possibly by David Bachrach. American Civil War. Print from original 8x10 inch glass negative. See glass negative collection (labeled withthe same item ID).

 

Print from glass negative. See also: CC970

CC970

Photograph; Federal Troops on Federal Hill. Garrison Duty. David Bachrach, ca. 1865.

American Civil War. Print from original 8x10 inch glass negative. See glass negative collection (labeled withthe same item ID).

 

Print from glass negative. See also: CC969

CC976

Photograph on board; Sun Iron Building.

 

 

CC961

Photograph on board; Ships on water. Coffee ships, Baltimore and Dons and U.S. Revenue Cutter Crawford, 1895.

 

 

CC965

Photograph on board; Group of men standing on dock. Driving first pile for Gay Street Dock. March 1, 1906.

 

 

CC966

Photograph (mounted); Group of men standing on dock. Driving first pile for Gay Street Dock. March 1, 1906.

 

 

CC968

Photograph on board; Men standing on sidewalk. Old Watch House, Saratoga Street near Holliday Street, ca. 1860.

 

Shows scene of arrest of John J. White (?).

CC977

Photograph on board; exterior of the Hurst, Purnell & Co. building.

 

 

 

Photo Prints, 20 x 24, Box 7

Item ID

Description

Collection Info.

Notes

CC984

Photograph on board; View from Federal Hill showing new building since American Civil War, ca. 1873. Shows Central Presbyterian Church (burned July 1873). Christ P.E. Church (far right), cornerstone laid May 1870. Masonic Temple, completed 1869. Carrollton Hotel, completed 1872.

 

 

CC986

Photograph on board; Severn Apartments. Northeast corner of Mt. Vernon Place and Cathedral Street. Shows building on either side. Photograph by Kirkness, Broadway and Bank Streets, ca. 1900.

 

 

CC981

Photograph on board; Chamber of Commerce building. Northeast corner of Holliday Street and Second Street, ca. 1900.

 

 

CC978

Photograph on board; Baltimore News, prior to 1911.

 

Verso: Before 1911-when Murray (?) Bldg.; now occupying site [1966] was built)

CC979

Photograph on board; Baltimore American building, ca. 1900. Southwest corner of Baltimore Street and South Street. Erected in 1875.

 

 

CC980

Photograph on board; Baltimore and Ohio Railroad building. Northwest corner of Baltimore Street and Calvert Street, ca. 1890. Shows horsecards, omnibuses, and Barnum’s Hotel.

 

 

CC983

Photograph on board; Panorama of Baltimore before the Great Fire of 1904. Panorama taken from above Baltimore Street and Howard Street, toward northeast, ca. 1898.

 

 

CC987

Photograph on board; view of the water from Federal Hill. Photograph by David Bachrach, 1865.

 

Back of photo: View from the Federal Hill fortifications. 

CC988

Photograph on board; aerial view of the Light Street Docks, 1885.

 

Back of photo: Another part of the Light Street Docks showing the "Emma Ford" 1885.

CC989

Photograph on board; Panorama of Baltimore, looking northwest from corner of Baltimore Street and Calvert Street, ca. 1900.

 

 

CC993

Photograph (mounted); The "Old" Pratt Library, Mulberry near Cathedral Street, ca. 1890. Built in 1882, it was razed in 1930 to make way for the Central Pratt now standing.

 

 

 

Photo Prints, 20 x 24, Box 8

Item ID

Description

Collection Info.

Notes

CC1009

Photograph on board; Johns Hopkins Hospital, facing Broadway Street, ca. 1920. Aerial view.

 

 

CC1020

Photograph on board; exterior view of the Howard Auditorium.

 

 

CC1013

Photograph on board; aerial view of Union Station. Charles Street and Jones Falls, ca. 1895.

 

 

CC1008

Photograph on board; Aerial view of the Old Post Office, ca. 1890.

 

Copy

CC1010

Photograph on board; City Court, formerly Masonic Temple, St. Paul Street.

 

 

CC1011

Photograph on board; aerial view of City Hall, Baltimore.

 

 

CC1014

Photograph (mounted); aerial view of ships on the water.

 

Back of photo: Newly constructed Pier St. Gram elevators at Locust Point Slups of Allan Line, ca. 1872

CC1015

Photograph on board; Exterior of a tall building. German Street (now Redwood Street) before widening, looking east from Hopkins Place.

 

 

CC1016

Photograph on board; Aerial view of the buildings along south side of Baltimore Street at Charles Street. Photograph by Kirkness, Broadway and Bank Street.

 

Back of photo: south side of Baltimore St. at Charles photo by Kirkness Broadway & Bank St.

CC1018

Photograph on board; Exterior view of Front Street Theatre.

 

 

CC1021

Photograph on board; Front Street Theatre, interior view while being demolished. October 1905.

 

Back of photo: Front St. Theatre, interior while being demolished, October 1905

CC1023

Photograph on board; Continental Building. Aerial view. Southeast corner of Baltimore Street and Calvert Street, ca. 1900.

 

Back of photo: Continental Bldg., SE corner Baltimore & Calverts Sts., c. 1900

 

Photo Prints, 20 x 24, Box 9

Item ID

Description

Collection Info.

Notes

MC4057

Photograph on board; Exterior of unidentified building

 

 

H282

Photograph (drawing?) on board; aerial view of the harbor

 

 

H434

Drawing (mounted); The Winans Steamer

 

 

MC2681

Reproduction of painting. "Compliments of Albert Rosenberg of Machael,1943. Courtesy of the Library of Congress. Courtesy of the Carnegie Institution John Hanson, President, November 5, 1781 to November 4, 1782.  The original painting by C.W. Peale is in Independence Hall, Philidelphia."

 

 

MC 4018

Photograph (mounted); "The Honorable J. Harold Grady Kenneth, M. Brooks Studio"

 

 

MC3313

Photograph (mounted); Maryland Motor Car Company, ca. 1915. "Compliments of the Maryland Motor Car Insurance Co."

 

 

MC1985(?)

Photograph (mounted); "The "Latham Machine" in its flight over Baltimore on November 7, 1910.  The pilot, Hubert Latham, received $5,000 from the Sunpapers for making the flight.  Such a flight was considered hazardous in those days.  Photographed by Alvin N. Nusbaum. Gift of Alan Nusbaum, 1910.

 

Back of photo: MC1985(?) [We have a 4x5 copy negative see MC1985 6/84 dlc] Vertical file at Maryland Room, Pratt Library.

MC4017

Photograph (mounted); "The Honorable Thomas J. D'Alesandro, Jr., Kenneth M. Brooks Studio" May 4, 1960.

 

 

MC4020

Photograph (mounted); "Henry A. Barnes, Kenneth M. Brooks Studio."

 

 

MC3027

Photograph on board; Exterior view of The Federal Land Bank of Baltimore.

 

Back of photo: Wyatt & Nolting. Collection Gift of John Hiscartt.

MC4537A-C

Three photographs (mounted); "The famous Constellation, ca. 1890.  Launched in Baltimore in 1797, this historic vessel was the first ship of the United States Navy." "Ships tied up at the Naval Academy in Annapolis, about 1900.  The stern of the Constitution is shown at the left. The Hartford, photographed about 1900. The ship photographs above are the gift of August Mencken."

 

 

MC3563

Five photographs (mounted); "Photographs of Baltimore scene, ca. 1900, by James M. Adams, amateur photographer."

 

 

 

Photo Prints, 20 x 24, Box 10

Item ID

Description

Collection Info.

Notes

MC4597

Photograph; Aerial view of Harbor Field, Dundalk. O. Rawling Craig, June 17, 1935.

 

 

MC4571

Nine photographs (mounted); Locomotives. Photographs by James M. Adams, ca. 1900-1910.  Adams was an amateur photographer and a Signalman on the B&O Railroad.

 

Adams was an amateur photographer and a Signalman on the B&O Railroad.

MC4573

Two photographs (mounted); Baltimore Revolver Club. Photograph by Meredith Javier (also featured in the photographs, first man at far left, first row), ca. 1905.

 

Newspaper article was based on this photograph. Gift of Alan Nusbaum.

 

Photograph on board; Portrait of unidentified man. C.W. Engle, after photograph by Javier.

 

 

MC5814-1

Photograph; Lacrosse memorial trophy

 

 

MC5814-2

Photograph; Intercollegiate Lacrosse Championship Trophy

 

 

MC8494

Photograph; Unidentified group portrait. Lecture in Washington, D.C.

Bureau of Recreation Collection

Verso: Lecture in Washington, D.C. 1966.3

MC4574 A

Photograph; Girls playing volleyball.

Bureau of Recreation Collection

1966.3

MC4574 B

Photograph; Boys and girls gathered around piano.

Bureau of Recreation Collection

1966.3

MC4574 C

Photograph; Unidentified group portrait.

Bureau of Recreation Collection

1966.3

MC4574 D

Photograph; Group of young girls and boys watching a performance (?) outside

Bureau of Recreation Collection

1966.3

MC4574 E

Photograph; Young children wading in a pool. Opening of Patterson Park wading pool under auspices of Playground Athletic League, 1926.

Bureau of Recreation Collection

Verso: Submitted by Miss I. Pearl Williams Marylander Apts. 3501 St. Paul Street Baltimore-18, Md. 1966.3

MC4574 F

Photograph; Group of women posing outside of a stone building, signs read "Consumers' League" and "The Junior League of Baltimore"

Bureau of Recreation Collection

1966.3

MC4574 G

Photograph; Unidentified group of men and women in cars.

Bureau of Recreation Collection

1966.3

MC4574 H

Photograph; Group of boys working with wood.

Bureau of Recreation Collection

1966.3

MC4574 I

Photograph; Group of young girls dancing in couples.

Bureau of Recreation Collection

1966.3

MC4574 J

Photograph; Boys playing at park. Play day at Druid Hill Park under the auspices of Playground Athletic League, 1925. Miss Margaret E. Haydock, with hat near flag, Supervisor of Children’s Play; Mary Whetrette, Play Leader, directly in front of Miss Haydock.

Bureau of Recreation Collection

Verso: Submitted by Miss I. Pearl Williams Marylander Apts. 3501 St. Paul Street Baltimore-18, Md. 1966.3

MC4574 K

Photograph; young children playing at a park

Bureau of Recreation Collection

1966.3

MC4574 L

Photograph; Three masked individuals.

Bureau of Recreation Collection

1966.3

MC4574 M

Photograph; Group shot of an orchestra on stage

Bureau of Recreation Collection

1966.3

MC4574 N

Photograph; Four actors on stage

Bureau of Recreation Collection

1966.3

MC4574 O

Photograph; Five dancers on stage

Bureau of Recreation Collection

1966.3

MC4574 P

Photograph; Four women seated at a table. Christhilf Studio.

Bureau of Recreation Collection

1966.3

MC5511

Photograph on board; Four way intersection in the city

 

 

MC5846

Photograph on board; Washington Monument

 

 

MC7977-1

Five photographs on board; Homecoming Week, September 1907. Governor Warfield of Maryland signed a "Homecoming Proclamation," whereby "Maryland shall welcome, with open doors, those of her sons and daughters who have gone forth from her towns and cities to seek fortune and acquire fame..." The homecoming festivities that resulted took place from October 13 to 19, 1907.  Shown here are stages of the parades, which marked Homecoming Week in Baltimore.  Photograph by Alvin. N. Nusbaum.

 

Gift of Alvin N. Nusbaum, 1964.

MC7977-2

Seven photographs on board; Parades, floats, and lighted signs mark Baltimore's celebration of Homecoming Week, October 13th to 19th, 1907.  Photographed by Alvin N. Nusbaum

 

Gift of Alan Nusbaum, 1964.

MC8756

Photograph on board; "Greetings and best wishes (signature) Cronhardt"

 

 

MC8578

Photograph (mounted); "Ninth annual meet, League of American Wheelman, Baltimore, June 19, 1888. Photograph by Bachrach & Bros.

 

Gift of Harris Auction Galleries , 1968.

MC13,059

Photograph; The Leonard School of Medicine and Pharmacy, Class of 1912.

 

 

 

Photo Prints, 20 x 24, Box 11 

Item ID

Description

Collection Info.

Notes

MC7585

Photograph on board; Panoramic view of War Memorial Plaza. Photograph by Fred Mueller, 1959. Mueller was the inventor of the panoramic camera.

 

Gift of Mrs. Isabella Coons, sister of the photographer

MC4528

Photograph (mounted); "Getting Shipshape.” Sam Shore.

 

 

MC4542

Photograph on board; aerial view of a body of water, ca. 1960.

 

Verso: Morell E. Sexton P.O. Box 9161 Raleigh, N.C. Carr-Lowry Glass

MC4544 MC4543

Two photographs (mounted); Taney and Peabody.

 

 

MC6966 and MC4545

Two photographs (mounted); Military Courage statue and "LaFayette"

 

 

MC2901-3 MC4546

Two photographs (mounted); Howard and Wallis.

 

 

MC4548 A

Photograph (mounted); 1940s (?) view of ships

 

Back of photo: Slupyrds (?)-Key Husg (?) Morvacisle Photograph By Sussman-Ochs x811-2

MC4548 C

Photograph (mounted); Sussman-Ochs construction scene, Harbor, ca. 1960-1965. Construction workers.

 

Back of photo: Sussman-Ochs Construction Scene Harbor

MC4554

Photograph (mounted); Laurel Race Course, 1951. Photograph by Joe Fleischer, 1951

 

Back of photo: Laurel Race Course 6.6 Appeared in Balt mag. 10/.51 Joe Flesher Photos

MC4555

Photograph (mounted); The La Fayette Statue in Mt. Vernon Place, ca. 1955. Photograph by Sussman-Ochs.

 

Back of photo: 66.6 Photo by Sussman-Ochs 2102 Md Are 21218

MC4556A

Photograph; Preston Gardens, ca. 1960.

 

 

MC4556(B)

Photograph (mounted); "The "Old" Baltimore Memorial Stadium (capacity 62,500), 1953."

 

 

MC4557A

Photograph (mounted); "The head of the Francis Scott Key Monument at Fort McHenry. The statue is of Orpheus, God of Music.  It is bronze, weighs 20 tons, and is 25 feet high. Dedicated in 1922, the statue is shown here as photographed in about 1955.  Photograph by Samuel Lauver."

 

 

MC4591

Photograph (mounted); Horse-drawn carriage outside of a furniture store.

 

Back of photo: llm. TRAVIS

MC8493

Photograph (mounted); "Battle Monument Square, late 19th century."

 

 

 

Photo Prints, 20 x 24, Box 12

Item ID

Description

Collection Info.

Notes

MC3323

Photograph (frame attached to back); "Calverton Junior High School. Myer & Ayers, Architects"

 

 

CC957

Photograph on board; exterior view of a stone building. Monument Square.

 

 

CC958

Photograph on board; Woodyear Flour Mills. Gwynns Falls, near Columbia Avenue, ca. 1895.

 

 

MC7973

Photograph on board; U.S. Customs House. Cornerstone laid in 1902, occupied by 1907. Constructed by Henry Smith & Sons.

 

 

MC5453

Photograph (mounted); First floor plan for the house of Mr. and Mrs. A. Randolph Hyatt.

 

 

Go back to the Peale/BCLM Photographs Collection main page
Back to top 

php script encode google sıra bulucu kanun pagerank sorgulama seo ukash haber seo seo ukash google pagerank sorgulama