- Media Center
- Library Overview
- Library User Information
- Collections Overview
- Library Catalog
- Programs & Services
- Research Resources
- Collections Online
- Rights & Reproductions
- Donations and Support
- Projects & Partnerships
- Library News & Updates
- Plan a Visit
- Support MdHS
Lillard Collection - PP81
Collection finding aids of Photograph Collections in the Prints and Photographs Division of the Maryland Historical Society Library
Not dated and 1938-1948
Prints and Photographs Division, Maryland Historical Society
201 W. Monument St.
Baltimore, MD 21201
Finding aid created by Katherine Cowan with funding from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, August 1999
Jacques Ephraim Stout Lillard (b. 1894) was a genealogist. He was employed from the 1930s-1960s by the Copyright Office of the Library of Congress in Washington, D.C.
Note: The Lillard family is the subject of a book held in the Maryland Historical Society Library Lillard: A Family of Colonial Virginia, by J.E.S. Lillard (Richmond, Va.: Williams, 1928).
Gift of Garey Stark, 1980 (75217).
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of 1 box with 3 folders containing 13 photoprints of various eras. 9 of the photographs are portraits, formal and informal, of Lillard family members. The balance are views of houses associated with the family in Maryland and Virginia
Note: Related materials are found in MS. 2546, the Lillard Genealogical Collection, 1902-1965, in the Manuscripts Department of the Maryland Historical Society.
The photographs are arranged by subject.
Box 1: 3 Folders
Box 1, Folder 1
Views and houses, n.d. and 1938. 3 items. Includes homes of John and Rachel Garrett Lillard near Sperryville, Virginia and of Abraham Lillard.
Box 1, Folder 2
Lillard family (black and white photographs), n.d. and 1948. Includes copy photograph of miniature portrait of Edwin Coleman of Kentucky, 1810 and a group portrait, 1948.
Box 1, Folder 3
Lillard family (color photographs), n.d. and 1948. 4 items. Includes snapshots of John H. Shepard, Birdie M. G. Pickle and David W. Scott Pickle. © 2001 Maryland Historical Society - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Internet Management - WEBNETT