Finding Aid to the J. Reaney Kelly Photograph Collection, ca. 1950s-1960s, PP265

Finding Aid to the J. Reaney Kelly Photograph Collection,

ca. 1950s-1960s, PP265

H. Furlong Baldwin Library, Maryland Historical Society

Collection Summary

Title

J. Reaney Kelly Photograph Collection

Creator

J. Reaney Kelly

Call Number

PP265

Inclusive Dates

ca. 1950s-1960s

Bulk Dates

ca. 1950s-1960s

Extent

1 box, 8 folders, 1 oversized folder

Abstract

Contains photographs of various buildings relating to the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) in Anne Arundel County, Maryland.

Administrative Summary

Repository

H. Furlong Baldwin Library

Maryland Historical Society

201 W. Monument St.

Baltimore, MD 21218

www.mdhs.org

special_collections@mdhs.org

Access Restrictions

Open to the public without restrictions.

Use Restrictions

Permission to quote must be received in writing from the Special Collections Librarian.

Provenance

Gift of Mr. & Mrs. J. Reaney Kelly, February, 1977

Accession Number

65127

Processing Note

Processed by Lorelei Bidwell, September, 2013

Scope and Content

             The material contains images of various buildings that used to belong to members of and where meetings were held for the Religious Society of Friends, otherwise known as Quakers, in Anne Arundel County, Maryland. A couple of these photographs (i.e. the Indian Spring Meeting House) were published in Kelly’s 1963 book about Quakers in Anne Arundel County. According to the book, these houses were offered by their owners (usually Friends themselves) as meeting places in the early stages of the Society of Friends in Maryland.

            This collection of photographs was likely pulled from the MS 1970 collection (see link below).

See related collections for more information regarding J. Reaney Kelly:

MS 1970 Collection, n.d. Kelly, J. Reaney, Jan. 26, 1895.

MF187.A6.K29   Quakers in the founding of Anne Arundel County, Maryland. Kelly, J. Reaney. Baltimore : Maryland Historical Society, 1963.

Container List

Contents

Span Dates

Box

Folder

OVERSIZE: 3 photographs of 3 different houses, Evergreen (exact location unknown, however, see MS 1970, box 2) Lebanon (West River, Anne Arundel County, Thomas Family), and Sudley (or Cumberstone on Old Sudley Rd., built by Richard Arnold).

No Date

Oversize

1 of 1

Photograph of map of the travels of George Fox, the first Friend (Quaker).

No Date

1

1

(duplicate) Photograph of map of the travels of George Fox, the first Friend (Quaker).

No Date

1

2

Photograph of Larkins Hills house (John Larkins, Old Severn Ridge Rd, 1st Anne Arundel County capital of the Province of Maryland) with horse corral in foreground.

No Date

1

3

Photograph of the Indian Spring Meeting House in West Central Anne Arundel County (Great Fork of the Patuxent River).

No Date

1

4

Photograph of the Tulip Hill house built in 1755 by Samuel Galloway (Owensville Rd.)

No Date

1

5

Photograph of unknown building in unknown location. (Perhaps a courthouse or school house).

No Date

1

6

Photograph of a view towards Maryland State Building from the Chesapeake.

No Date

1

7

Photograph of the White House.

No Date

1

8

 

 

 

php script encode google sıra bulucu kanun pagerank sorgulama seo ukash haber seo seo ukash google pagerank sorgulama