Baltimore - Central Presbyterian Church

Subject: 
Photographs, Baltimore (Md.), Churches, Architecture, Buildings, structures, etc., Street scenes
Baltimore - Central Presbyterian Church
Item ID: 
[SVF]
Creator: 
Unidentified Photographer
Description: 
Baltimore - Churches - Central Presbyterian. Verso reads: "Central Presbyterian Church stood at the southwest corner of Liberty and Cathedral Street, opposite the site of the Hotel Rennert. Central Presbyterian Church was opened for service March 25, 1855. At the timeof its erection it was the largest Presbyterian church in Baltimore. It's pastor, Dr. Robinson, was one of the famous preachers of the city and there were crowded congregations. It had a memebership of 257 in its early days and in its great prosperity under Rev. Joseph T. Smith in the sixties the number increased to 425. The General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church met there. It was destroyed in the 'Clay Street fire' that swept over that section July 25, 1873. The church took fire in its tall steeple and was soon wrecked, and it carried the same fate to the row of houses along Saratoga from Liberty to Park. The new Central Church is on Eutaw Place." Note: Formerly designated as Z24.90.VF.
Date of Original: 
Ca. 1873
Collection: 
Subject Vertical File
Type/Size: 
6 x 8 inches (15.2 x 20.3 cm)
Restrictions: 
For more information, please contact the Special Collections Department: specialcollections@mdhs.org
Rights: 
Copy of original owned by the Maryland Historical Society. For reproduction and permission information, please contact imagingservices@mdhs.org
php script encode google sıra bulucu kanun pagerank sorgulama seo ukash haber seo seo ukash google pagerank sorgulama