- Library Overview
- Library User Information
- Collections Overview
- Library Catalog
- Programs & Services
- Research Resources
- Collections Online
- Rights & Reproductions
- Donations and Support
- Featured Collections
- Library News & Updates
- Plan a Visit
- Support MdHS
Education Programs Assistant
Hours: 20 hours/ week, Monday/Wednesday/Friday, and very occasional weekends.
The Maryland Historical Society is seeking a part-time Education Programs Assistant who will provide administrative support to the Education Department, deliver exceptional customer service to our patrons, and lead guided programs for students and adults as necessary.
- Coordinate all school programs and adult tour reservations, including fielding phone and email inquiries, managing the programs calendar, sending necessary confirmations, and scheduling and monitoring volunteer docents
- Deliver occasional school programs and adult tours when docents unavailable (training provided)
- Manage arrival and departure of all school and adult groups
- Maintain all program service records and generate reports when requested
- Handle other basic administrative tasks, such as monthly credit card reconciliation
- Maintain all program supplies
- Administer traveling trunk program, including arranging UPS pickups/deliveries and reviewing conditions of each trunk monthly
- Assist with program development and implementation, including preparation of supplies, room set-up and clean-up, and potentially creation of news tours and programs
- Other duties, as assigned
- Customer Service Skills
- Pleasant and professional demeanor
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and adults of varied backgrounds
- Customer service experience preferred
- Ability to manage large groups of students and adults in a positive way
- Record-keeping Skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Proficiency with Google Docs/Sheets/Drive and Microsoft Office
- Museum Education Skills/Interest
- Interest in and some knowledge of U.S. history, especially Maryland
- Interest in working with students, experience preferred
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Willingness to learn and effectively deliver multiple programs
To apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to Jennifer Frieman, Director of Education, at email@example.com
The Grants Manager carries out an aggressive plan to identify, solicit, manage and maintain support from public and private funders. Sources include state and local government agencies and private and corporate foundations. The position works closely with program and finance departments.
• Conduct research to identify project-appropriate funding sources
• Write project-specific and general support grant proposals and applications; letters of inquiry, progress reports and other correspondence to prospective and renewing foundations, corporations, and government agencies
• Gather and prepare all materials to accompany grant requests (financial data, bios, required forms, etc.)
• Prepare weekly tracking reports of submitted funding requests
• Produce acknowledgment and thank you letters
• Track submitted proposals (i.e. confirms receipt of mailings and online applications, etc.)
• Ensure grant compliance through the timely submission of interim and final reports
• Must possess excellent writing skills
• Excellent computer skills, including MS Office, internet and fundraising software. Knowledge of Raiser's Edge is a plus
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and the ability to plan, prioritize and coordinate multiple projects/deadlines
• Knowledge of Baltimore’s philanthropic community a plus
• A track record of producing successful grant applications
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
• Two or more years of grant writing experience, preferably in a museum, educational or cultural institution.
• Experience with foundation, government and corporate grants.
About the position:
This is a full-time position with competitive salary and benefit package.
The Maryland Historical Society is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Maryland Historical Society (MdHS), a museum and library in Baltimore, is recruiting volunteer docents to deliver interactive tours and programs for student and adult groups. We are seeking candidates who have an interest in history, enjoy working with the public, and feel comfortable speaking to groups.
For more information about this position click here!
To apply to this position please download and complete the application.