- Library Overview
- Library User Information
- Collections Overview
- Library Catalog
- Programs & Services
- Research Resources
- Collections Online
- Rights & Reproductions
- Donations and Support
- Featured Collections
- Library News & Updates
- Historical Investigations Portal
- School Programs
- Teacher Resources
- Adult Programs
- Homeschool Programs
- Scouts at MdHS
- Birthdays at The Museum
- Plan a Visit
- Support MdHS
The Grants Manager carries out an aggressive plan to identify, solicit, manage and maintain support from public and private funders. Sources include state and local government agencies and private and corporate foundations. The position works closely with program and finance departments.
• Conduct research to identify project-appropriate funding sources
• Write project-specific and general support grant proposals and applications; letters of inquiry, progress reports and other correspondence to prospective and renewing foundations, corporations, and government agencies
• Gather and prepare all materials to accompany grant requests (financial data, bios, required forms, etc.)
• Prepare weekly tracking reports of submitted funding requests
• Produce acknowledgment and thank you letters
• Track submitted proposals (i.e. confirms receipt of mailings and online applications, etc.)
• Ensure grant compliance through the timely submission of interim and final reports
• Must possess excellent writing skills
• Excellent computer skills, including MS Office, internet and fundraising software. Knowledge of Raiser's Edge is a plus
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and the ability to plan, prioritize and coordinate multiple projects/deadlines
• Knowledge of Baltimore’s philanthropic community a plus
• A track record of producing successful grant applications
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
• Two or more years of grant writing experience, preferably in a museum, educational or cultural institution.
• Experience with foundation, government and corporate grants.
About the position:
This is a full-time position with competitive salary and benefit package.
The Maryland Historical Society is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
The Maryland Historical Society (MdHS), a museum and library in Baltimore, is recruiting volunteer docents to deliver interactive tours and programs for student and adult groups. We are seeking candidates who have an interest in history, enjoy working with the public, and feel comfortable speaking to groups.
For more information about this position click here!
To apply to this position please download and complete the application.